- "L.M. Montgomery's signature and cat design", L.M. Montgomery, Emily of New Moon, The Blue Castle and other names and images created by L.M. Montgomery are trademarks of Heirs of L.M. Montgomery Inc. and are used with permission. All rights reserved.
- Anne of Green Gables and other images of "Anne" are trademarks and Canadian official marks of the Anne of Green Gables Licensing Authority Inc., which is owned by Heirs of L.M. Montgomery Inc. and the Province of Prince Edward Island, and are used with permission. All rights reserved.
- Excerpts from "Anne of Green Gables" are reproduced with the authorization of Heirs of L.M. Montgomery Inc.
- Excerpts from "My Dear Mr. M" are reproduced with the permission of Ruth Macdonald, Dr. E. Epperly, and Dr. Francis W.P. Bolger. "My Dear Mr. M: Letters to G.B. Macmillan" is distributed by Fitzhenry and Whiteside Ltd., Markham, Ontario.
- Photographs are used by permission of the L.M. Montgomery Collection, Archives and Special Collections, University of Guelph Library. Special thanks to Kathryn Harvey for her assistance.
Heirs of L.M. Montgomery
Heirs of L.M. Montgomery Inc. was incorporated by the author's heirs David Macdonald, trustee, and Ruth Macdonald. David Macdonald is the son of Chester Macdonald, and Ruth Macdonald is the widow of Stuart Macdonald. Chester and Stuart were the sons of L.M. Montgomery and Ewan Macdonald. The company was set up with a view to protecting the integrity of L.M. Montgomery while promoting her literary legacy. Heirs of L.M. Montgomery Inc. owns various trademarks related to the works of L.M. Montgomery (other than the Anne series), as well as the name "L.M. Montgomery". This enables the heirs to regulate the way the author's name and certain titles and other elements of her creations are used in association with products, events, and services. Queries concerning such uses should be directed to Kate Macdonald Butler at Heirs of L.M. Montgomery Inc. in Toronto, Ontario by phone: (416) 971-7473 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merchandising activities relating to Anne of Green Gables are regulated by The Anne of Green Gables Licensing Authority (the AGGLA), which is jointly owned by the Province of Prince Edward Island and Heirs of L.M. Montgomery Inc. The AGGLA has offices in Charlottetown, PEI and in Toronto, Ontario. For more information about the AGGLA, please visit: http://www.gov.pe.ca/anne/index.php3 or send queries by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Publishing and film rights to Montgomery's works are handled by Heirs of L.M. Montgomery Inc. and any enquiries in this regard should be directed to Sally Keefe Cohen in Toronto, Ontario, by tel: 416-971-7543 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.